The Parish of Bolton le Sands
Palm Sunday Seder Meal
(A Passover Commemoration)
14th April 2019 7.00pm
Anyone from any church in the parish of Bolton le Sands is welcome to come and join in the experience of this interpretation of a wonderful tradition. There is great interest today by Christians to learn more about and participate in Seders to help them better understand the Jewish roots of the Christian faith. In particular, knowing more about the Seder helps Christians explore the Jewish background of the Last Supper celebrated by Jesus, whom we know was a first-century Jewish teacher, and his disciples, who were also Jewish. Both Jesus and his disciples would have grown up observing the Passover in whatever fashion Jewish people living at the time observed the feast.
Here is an idea of how the evening will be organized.
The Haggadah and the Steps of a Seder (Passover Meal)
- Kadesh (sanctification of the day)
- Karpas (eating the green vegetable)
- Yachatz (breaking the matzah – unleavened bread)
- Maggid (telling the story)
- Maror (eating the bitter herb)
- Shulchan Orech (the meal)
- Barech (blessing after eating)
- your own drinks – wine or grape juice.
- a hard-boiled egg
- Let us know if you need an alternative to lamb hot-pot
Places are limited. Please register on the lists at the back of church.
For more information Contact:
Andy Williams 07866 260728.
Helen Williams 07866 629041