The Parish of Bolton le Sands
Palm Sunday Seder Meal
(A Passover Commemoration)
14th April 2019 7.00pm
Anyone from any church in the parish of Bolton le Sands is welcome to come and join in the experience of this interpretation of a wonderful tradition.
There is great interest today by Christians to learn more about the Jewish roots of their Christian faith. On way is in participating in Seders (Passover Meal commemorations). Knowing more about the Seder helps Christians explore the Jewish background of the Last Supper celebrated by Jesus and his disciples who were practising Jews. Both Jesus and his disciples would have grown up observing the Passover.
Here is an idea of how the evening will be organized.
The Haggadah and the Steps of a Seder (Passover Meal)
- Kadesh (sanctification of the day)
- Karpas (eating the green vegetable)
- Yachatz (breaking the matzah – unleavened bread)
- Maggid (telling the story)
- Maror (eating the bitter herb)
- Shulchan Orech (the meal)
- Barech (blessing after eating)
- your own drinks – wine or grape juice (we will provide glasses)
- a hard-boiled egg
- Let us know by 10th April if you want a vegetarian alternative to lamb hot-pot.
If you have not booked and would still like to come contact us before 10th April.
Andy Williams 07866 260728.
Helen Williams 07866 629041