Functions of the PCC
These are set out in the Parochial Church Councils (Powers) Measure 1956 Section 1 as follows:
It shall be the duty of the minister and the PCC to consult together on matters of general concern and importance to the parish.
The functions of the PCC shall include :-
- Co-operation with the Minister in promoting in the parish the whole mission of the Church, pastoral, evangelistic, social and ecumenical
- The consideration and discussion of matters concerning the Church of England or any other matters of religious or public interest, but not the declaration of the doctrine of the Church on any question
- Making known and putting into effect any provisions made by the Diocesan Synod or the Deanery Synod, but without prejudice to the powers of the Council on any particular matter
- Giving advice to the Diocesan Synod and the Deanery Synod on any matter referred to the Council
- Raising such matters as the Council consider appropriate with the Diocesan Synod or Deanery SynodIn the exercise of its functions the Parochial Church Council shall take into consideration any expression of opinion by any parochial church meeting.