A Rocha UK is a Christian charity working to protect and restore the natural world and committed to equipping Christians and churches in the UK to care for the environment.
Caring for the earth and demonstrating the Christian hope for God’s world
A Rocha UK is a Christian charity working to equip Christians and churches to protect and restore the environment – for God, nature and all people. We aim to inspire individuals and families, equip churches and church leaders, build partnerships and manage land for nature and people.
In the face of accelerating climate change and species loss, we need more than ever to take action to protect and care for nature today.
We are working with:
- Churches through our Eco Church programme
- Environmental leaders through our interdenominational convening work
- Families and individuals through our Wild Christian programme, supporting people to enjoy, nurture and defend nature in their own homes and communities, and through campaigning.
- Christian land managers through our Partners in Action network. This network includes our own two nature reserves, Foxearth Meadows and Wolf Fields, which are also demonstration sites to inspire and enable others to manage small or larger areas of land for the benefit of people and nature.
Our vision – the world we want to see:
- A world of stable climate and abundant nature, where oceans, rivers, air and soil are free of human pollution.
- Where human society lives in balance with the rest of nature and protects the Earth’s natural systems which sustain all life
- Where all people and communities have access to healthy nature locally
- Where the Church worldwide understands the biblical mandate to care for all of God’s creation as a core part of its mission and manifests this how it treats its land, buildings, investments and other assets.
- Where Christians play their full role, in collaboration with others, to protect and enhance the diversity and abundance of life on Earth, and to restore and maintain the health of our planet’s life sustaining systems
- And where, through Churches and Christians adopting a right relationship with the rest of Creation, others are drawn to a closer, life-giving relationship with our Creator God.