Bolton le Sands Neighbourhood Watch
“In the current situation of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Bolton le Sands Neighbourhood Watch exists to look out for our communities in Bolton le Sands and Nether Kellet. At a time like this we encourage you to consider ways to keep yourself, your loved ones and those in your community safe, particularly the isolated and vulnerable. We are following the advice from the government and encourage you to do the same: https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
Ways you can protect yourself, your loved ones and your community:
- Discuss with household members, other relatives, friends and neighbours what to do if a COVID-19 outbreak occurs in your community/household and what the needs of each person will be. These discussions can happen electronically where needed.
- Use the local Facebook page and our web page (https://bolton-le-sands.org.uk/bolton-le-sands-neighbourhood-watch/) to access local information, and resources.
- Share phone numbers and email addresses particularly with those who are isolated or vulnerable.
- Consider establishing a ‘buddy’ system within your community to ensure everyone stays connected to COVID-19 related news, services and can receive support safely, such as essentials deliveries.
- Plan ways to care for those who might be at greater risk for serious complications.
- Choose a room in your home that can be used to separate sick household members from those who are healthy.
- Learn how to self-isolate. Guidance can be found on the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice/
- Contact your local Neighbourhood Watch co-ordinator for details of local organisations that you and your neighbours can contact in the event that one of you need access to information, healthcare services, support, or resources. Consider including organisations that provide mental health or counselling services, food, and other supplies. The list of Co-ordinators is on this web page.
Bolton le Sands Neighbourhood Watch Scheme has been set up to:
- Provide support for people in the village of Bolton le Sands and Nether Kellet affected by the Coronavirus Covid-19.
- Provide guidance and liability insurance to registered members of Bolton le Sands Neighbourhood Watch who act as members of the scheme.
To be a member of Bolton le Sands Neighbourhood Watch register here.
Once you have completed the above you will be contacted by one of the scheme group co-ordinators.
What does a co-ordinator do? Primarily, arrange support for the people in their road and street. To help neighbours keep in touch with friends and family who may not be local. To link neighbours for any residents that have been quarantined or for whatever reason can’t get out. This could include shopping, getting prescriptions, walking the dog and generally keeping in contact. In all activities personal safety is a priority.
Below is a list of the roads and streets in our area and the local co-ordinator. If you do not know the person named for your location or if there is no name against the road/street where you live please consider volunteering. Otherwise contact one of the Group Co-ordinators below.
Please let Andy Williams know if your road or street is not on the list.
Andy Williams, 07866 260728, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phil Dunn, 07923 919178 Email: email@example.com
Local Co-ordinators – Click in Frame to see further down the list.