Our History (courtesy of Wikipedia)

A church has been on the site since before 1094.  The oldest parts of the present church are the tower and the north arcade, which date from the late 15th century. The nave was built in 1813.  In 1847 the Lancaster architectural practice of Sharpe and Paley rebuilt the chancel and in 1851 added a pulpit and a reading desk.  The church was restored in 1863–64 by E. G. Paley (by this time Sharpe had retired from the practice).  In 1881 the practice, now Paley and Austin, carried out further alterations, which included widening the north aisle, adding a vestry, a porch, a pulpit, and a font, lowering the floor, removing the gallery, opening the tower arch, replacing windows, reseating the church to accommodate 450 people, and retiling and refitting the chancel.

Further work was carried out in 2017 to the main door and to display our ancient artifacts and also to improve communications within the church.

Take a guided tour round our church.  Don’t miss going up the tower through the door near the font (CLICK HERE TO START THE TOUR)