Parish Update and Parish Giving Day . Sunday 7 November
The PCC met recently and we thought that it would be good to bring all our many friends up to date with developments over recent weeks, now that all our activities are returning to something near to normal.
- The Sunday and Wednesday services have re-started in church. Coffee, tea is now being served after the Wednesday services and will start shortly for the Sunday Services. Services have also started again at St Marks in Nether Kellett.
- The Second Sunday service has been held since June, the last two services have had more than 40 people in the congregations, and many families are now referring to it as ‘their’ service!
- We have held two Messy Church Services which have drawn in congregations of 60+ people. There has been lots of fun, engagement and teaching in the services.
- First Tuesday hub has been re-established. This has benefited a number of people.
- First Friday has started as a hybrid church/zoom service. It is good to see Holy Trinity friends from different parts of the country and abroad joining in this service!
- Bolton le Sands School took part in our Harvest service and are already thinking about future services including a Christingle service.
- We are planning a confirmation service for 2022 and a number of parents have already stated they want their child confirmed. We also welcome the return of Baptism services, which are such a joy for all.
- Whilst we have been without a vicar since Nancy moved to Cheshire in June, we have received some inspirational visiting clergy, including Bishop Julian, Bishop Jill and Archdeacon David. The whole team at both Holy Trinity and St Mark’s has risen magnificently to the challenge of working without a resident vicar.
Your church is a vibrant church. It is open each day for people to visit, pit stop, rest, pray, gain some peace and direction. Many value its presence in the village, enjoy walking through the grounds and attend the numerous services
We therefore hope that all who have not already returned to our services, and those who have not been before, will come to our churches with confidence – we still have a cautious approach to covid precautions – but we are now singing!
You will be most welcome.
For the last few weeks we have also been preparing the way for Nancy’s replacement, a process that is overseen by Bishop Jill. She has the most difficult task of balancing Diocesan staff resources at a time of unprecedented pressure. A major factor is the ability of the Parish to cover all its financial resource and there is no doubt that it will be difficult for her to agree to a full-time vicar for Bolton-le-Sands and Nether Kellett unless she is convinced that we can cover the ‘Parish Share’ in full.
For many reasons our income has fallen over the last couple of years, and a few months ago Andy our Treasurer estimated that there could be a shortfall of up to £20000 by the end of the year.
The return to ‘normality’ has given us some hope and our Social Team have planned a series of fundraising events for the rest of the year. Services in church are more or less back to normal. Our income for the final three months of 2021 should therefore be back to ‘pre-covid’ levels.
Despite that good news, the reality is that the gap will still be over £16,000 by the end of the year.
The recent PCC meeting therefore agreed that our efforts towards closing the gap completely should be focused around a Parish Giving Day on Sunday 7 November.
We have made similar appeals at times in the past and the whole Parish has responded most generously. £16000 may seem a daunting sum, but when split between many the load becomes less heavy to bear. The load becomes weightless when we give freely and generously for the benefit of all.
During the summer received several donations and we regularly receive enquiries about how best to contribute, and how to include Gift Aid. There are a number of different ways:
1 By cheque payable to Bolton le Sands PCC. To add Gift Aid put the cheque in one of the yellow envelopes in church or contact the Treasurer on 824322. Post to The Treasurer, Holy Trinity Church, 41 Broadlands drive, Bolton le Sands Carnforth LA5 8BH.
2 Donate online via our secure Stewardship page.
3 Online banking direct to our bank account: NatWest Morecambe, account Bolton le Sands PCC,
sort code 01 01 60; account number 94801703
4 Contactless card machine just inside the main door at Holy Trinity.
5 A secure box for cash donations located near the font.
6 By text, any amount up to £30. e.g. for £10 text HTBLS 10 to 70085
For more help please speak to Andy our Treasurer (phone 824322), the Church Wardens or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All donations are strictly confidential.